Error CS0103: The name 'Pun' does not exist in the current context

After an update of PUN2 and Photon Voice 2 after import, these two errors are displayed.

Assets\Photon\PhotonVoice\Code\Editor\VoiceConnectionEditor.cs(70,52): error CS0103: The name 'Pun' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Photon\PhotonVoice\Code\Editor\VoiceConnectionEditor.cs(71,45): error CS0103: The name 'Pun' does not exist in the current context

How to fix this problem, i use Unity 2019.1.0f2

Comments

• I am also experiencing this problem, using Unity 2019.1.0f2. Creating a new project and importing Photon Voice 2 replicates the problem. I would also like to know how to fix this issue.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jony12, @Pylon86,

Thank you for choosing Photon and for reporting this issue!

I will look into this issue.
    The package was tested and submitted using 5.6.6f2 and 2017.4.16f1 with no issues.
    I will test this using 2019.1.x.

For the time being, you can safely comment out the lines 70 and 71 from "Assets\Photon\PhotonVoice\Code\Editor\VoiceConnectionEditor.c".

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue has been fixed in 2.6.1 which just got released today.
  • Thank you.
  • I was experiencing this error also, so thanks for the quick fix.

@JohnTube above you said "The package was tested and submitted using 5.6.6f2 and 2017.4.16f1 with no issues."

Can I ask why it was not tested with 2018.x or 2019x considering they are the latest public versions of Unity? Not meaning to be rude, just seems.... unusual?

thanks.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @vinnie@vivace.co.nz,

The reasons why we submit Photon Voice using those two versions:

- 5.6.6f2 is the minimal supported version (last supported version for latest macOS)
    - 2017.4.x has support for asmdef (>2017.3.x), Android x64 and is LTS.

For some reason, the asmdef issue introduced in 2.6 and fixed in 2.6.1 was not reproduced in 2017.4.16f1.

Why we didn't test using 2018.x or 2019.x before:

- we can't test using all versions
    - we didn't see any reason to do so since there is no Unity API change that could affect Photon Voice

2.6.1 was tested with 2019.1.0f2 though successfully but I did not want to submit a version using it.
  • vinnie@vivace.co.nz
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for the prompt response @JohnTube its appreciated. And you guys are doing a great job. It does seem insane to me that you would not test with any version of Unity released in the last 18+ months though, and the above issue suggests perhaps thats something to reconsider.

cheers