[HELP] MySQL Database Connection

Hi,

Recently bought a source code from a person and they haven't been responsive, so I am left setting the game up now.

Currently getting this in the logs:

2019-03-31 00:00:02,902 [9] ERROR Photon.SocketServer.ApplicationBase [(null)] - MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Authentication to host 'localhost' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I already set up MySQL with a password and etc. also added the database schema. It seems Photon can't access MySQL due to the password? I'm a bit confused where the actual password is set in the Photon SDK. If that is the problem, could someone let me know which files I would need to edit in my MySQL password to allow Photon to connect to it?

Thank you!

Comments

• hi, @PHANEEZY

Photon socket server sdk does not use mysql. so, it is the issue of sdk you have bought. but I assume that you have to check LoadBalancing.dll.config or some other dll.config to find out where password is set. If you fail with this, then look into sources

best,
    ilya