Do I understand correctly?

I read it: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/demos-and-tutorials/headless-server and I had questions about it. 1. I understand correctly that when a player clicks on the "play" button, the game launches an instance of the server on the hosting, as shown in the article, and the server is already creating a room and waiting for players. 2. I understand correctly that for each room in the game, on the hosting server instance is started every time, with the given room names?

Comments

• 1), No, the headless server has to be hosted separately
    2) No

You can host servers on AWS, Azure, etc. If you're looking for an automatic scaling service for hosting, AWS has Gamelift, Azure has Service Fabric.
  • Lenar
    Lenar
    edited March 2019
    stanchion said:

1), No, the headless server has to be hosted separately
    2) No

You can host servers on AWS, Azure, etc. If you're looking for an automatic scaling service for hosting, AWS has Gamelift, Azure has Service Fabric.

It seems you misunderstood me. As for the first question, the server will of course be hosted on the hosting, but when the players click on the Play button, they will connect to the hosting and start the server instance with the specified parameters (the name of the loaded scene, the type of match, the name of the room, as shown in the article)
    And about the second question, if a player presses the Play button, and there are already created rooms on the network, the player will simply connect to the random room, but if there are no created rooms, he will have to create a room, and for this he will have to launch a server instance on the hosting (name of the loaded scene, match type, room name) which will create the room. And based on all this, it turns out for each room on the hosting server instance will be running. It is logical and the physics for each room will be separately calculated on the server.
  • It seems you misunderstood me. As for the first question, the server will of course be hosted on the hosting, but when the players click on the Play button, they will connect to the hosting and start the server instance with the specified parameters (the name of the loaded scene, the type of match, the name of the room, as shown in the article)
    And about the second question, if a player presses the Play button, and there are already created rooms on the network, the player will simply connect to the random room, but if there are no created rooms, he will have to create a room, and for this he will have to launch a server instance on the hosting (name of the loaded scene, match type, room name) which will create the room. And based on all this, it turns out for each room on the hosting server instance will be running. It is logical and the physics for each room will be separately calculated on the server.