Disconnection followed by stuck reconnecting/disconnecting 'DisconnectByServerLogic'

Options
Photon seems to be working perfectly for the most part, but we're getting these random disconnects, 'ClientTimeout', 'ServerTimeout', etc. but my game would never be able to reconnect again (which means the player cannot create/join rooms anymore) properly constantly attempting to reconnect but getting disconnected (cause 'None' and 'DisconnectByServerLogic') until an arbitrary amount of time (10-20++ minutes) pass by and it would stop disconnecting and start working again. Rebooting the game fixes the issue immediately as well. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Internet connectivity: Wifi
Unity version 2018.2.20f1
Photon version 2.8 (was 2.5 but updating to 2.8 did not resolve the issue)
Photon analyze:
Max CCU: 5 (out of 10)
Rooms max: 3
Msgs/per room max: 44
Traffic: 54.9MB
Rejected Players: 0

Comments

• ztkevinsy
    ztkevinsy
    edited March 2019
    Options
    We're essentially trying to figure out what's causing the constant 'DisconnectByServerLogic'. From the web this issue doesn't seem all that common and most point to issues with the buffer being full, sending too many messages or messages being too large all of which don't seem to apply to our situation.

Additional photon info: Protocol (Udp), Photon lib (4.1.2.10), fixed region (aus, tried switching to asia, same results)

Example log:
    Disconnected.cause = ServerTimeout
    Attempting to reconnect
    Connecting...
    OnDisconnected(None)
    Disconnected.cause = None
    Attempting to reconnect
    Connecting..
    Returned to Master Server
    OnDisconnected(DisconnectByServerLogic)
    Disconnected.cause = DisconnectByServerLogic
    Attempting to reconnect
    Connecting...
    OnDisconnected(None)
    Disconnected.cause = None
    Attempting to reconnect
    Connecting..
    Returned to Master Server
    OnDisconnected(DisconnectByServerLogic)
    Disconnected.cause = DisconnectByServerLogic
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ztkevinsy,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I invite you to read our "Analyzing Disconnects" page.
  • ztkevinsy
    Options
    In case anyone is experiencing a similar issue, using Reconnect() instead of Connect() to reconnect after getting disconnected seems to have resolved the problem.
  • Tobias
    Options
    If you got the code around, I would like to take a look at a repro case. You could send it via mail: mailto://developer@exitgames.com
  • ztkevinsy
    Options
    Tobias said:

If you got the code around, I would like to take a look at a repro case. You could send it via mail: mailto://developer@exitgames.com

Thank you for your interest Tobias, but unfortunately the codebase is not particularly modular and I'm not at liberty to share the entire project.
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You need to mail us. We can have a look at the server logs, when we know your appid.
    If that does not explain matters, we will still need a repro case. You can potentially come up with something that is not your main code but still exposes this behavior. We simply don't know how this happens, at the moment.

Please mail to: developer@photonengine.com