server streaming to a client...?

Options
arianaa30
edited February 2012 in Photon Server
hi everybody, hope you are doing well.
I see you are an expert in networking with unity. I have a question:. I'm an MSc student, and as for a part of my thesis, I don't know how to make the server stream the objects to the client. so the client is no a standalone application; it receives the objects from server and displays them, as the player moves near the objects for instance. I want to test it on a mobile device... Do you know how to do this? not necessarily in Unity... any simple 3D game. Thanks in advance

Comments

• I assume you mean that you want to load the assets (model, texture, sound, etc) for objects from the network instead of distributing them with the application. You actually shouldn't use Photon for that at all.

One way to do this with Unity is to put your assets into assetbundle files, host those assetbundles on the internet somewhere (Amazon S3, for example), and then download them in the Unity client using the WWW class (or something similar).

See http://unity3d.com/support/resources/ex ... ndles.html for more info on doing this in Unity.