I keep having problems with Joining a Room, how can I fix it?

Options
So, I'm making a game using PUN 2 free, and I had it so I can create a room, and also Join a room.

For a couple weeks it worked fine, didn't had any problems creating or joining rooms. But now for some reason it keeps having problems on Joining a room.

The first time I was doing some changes to other scripts in the game, and testing it, until one of the times it wouldn't join a room anymore, I can create one but not join. I fixed it by setting it up again. But yesterday I was just doing some tests and suddenly it wouldn't join rooms anymore.

What could possibly be causing this problem?

Thank you.

Answers

• Abbas14UIT
    Options
    Can you Check Your Photon AppID
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @danielmbg, @Abbas14UIT,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What is the PUN version you are using?
    What is the Unity version you are using?

What do you see in the logs? any errors?
    You can increase the log level.
    You should implement operations error and join error/failure callbacks to be able to know more.
  • danielmbg
    Options
    Hi, thank you for answering,

I'm using Pun 2.7 and Unity 2018.2.19f1

I don't get anything different on the logs, not that I noticed :/, but I use the Callbacks OnJoinRandomFailed. How can I know what exactly is causing problems when joining?

I'll keep an eye when it happens again to see if I notice something else.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @danielmbg,

void OnJoinRandomFailed (short returnCode, string message)

Make use of the callback parameters to know more.
    The returnCode should be compared to ErrorCode values to know the error code.
    If this callback is triggered, most likely it means that there is no match/room found, you should create a new one or change filter if any.

void OnJoinRoomFailed (short returnCode, string message)

You can also use this callback.