Cannot join existing rooms (PUN2)

Options
Hi everyone,

Whenever I create a room another player cannot join it. I have overrided the function OnJoinRoomFailed to Debug an error if the room cannot be joined.

Lets say on one client I create a room called "TEST", on a different client if I do PhotonNetwork.JoinRoom("TEST") it will give me an error and call OnJoinRoomFailed. Also, my server browser is no longer working all of a sudden. I was working on my project last night at around midnight and woke up to find that I cannot join any rooms and my server browser is not working.

Is this a Photon issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• omard2000
    Options
    Looks like it is a Photon issue, I tried entering another region in my PhotonServerSettings and it worked.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi @omard2000,

Make sure to go through the "Matchmaking Checklist" every time you have troubles with matchmaking.
  • omard2000
    Options
    @JohnTube - Thanks. It's weird because it wasn't any of these issues. Before having this issue I had left the region settings blank and it worked just fine. Now after inputting the server region it works... I'm not sure why. But the link you shared is definitely useful. Thanks! :)
  • abar
    Options
    I'm having the same issue here.
    Everything was working fine, then suddenly this morning my two machines stopped being able to join the same room. If I set a fixed region explicitly in the settings (doesn't seem to matter which region, as long as it's the same on both machines), then they connect again fine.
    Any idea why this just started happening? Could it be something wrong with the Photon Name Server?

Now I'm confused as to what I should do. Should I set a fixed region for all players? Allow players to choose a region? Or let Photon auto-choose the 'best' region and run the risk that sometimes players in the same room on the same wi-fi will not be able to connect?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hi @abar,

Thank you for choosing Photon and sorry for the very late reply, sometimes we miss some forum discussions, you could always send an email if you do not get help on the forum within 2 business days.

Any idea why this just started happening? Could it be something wrong with the Photon Name Server?
    It's a client-side thing only.
    Should I set a fixed region for all players? Allow players to choose a region? Or let Photon auto-choose the 'best' region and run the risk that sometimes players in the same room on the same wi-fi will not be able to connect?
    This issue is usually relevant in development phase only.

Anyways, we started this: "[PUN2] Best Region: investigation and improvements".

@omard2000 also.