[Beginner] Using PUN + Photon Server who actually does the hosting?

Hi guys,

I am making a game with PUN and Server SDK, i just have a simple question, since im wrapping my head around server sdk, when you make a game using PUN and connect to a self hosted dedicated server, when you create the room, you are the Master Client, and the other guys who connect to your game are the Clients.

Does this mean that the processing and connection depends on the player who hosted? or using Photon Server means that even if i create the game, the actual connection is processed on the self hosted server?.

If im not clear enough, i want to use Server SDK on a VM so the connection is better, i dont want a player to host the game, i need to have 8 / 16 players, and i dont want a player to host, i want the google VM to host.

So if you create a game, you are hosting it too? or that is being hosted on the server vm?...

im still studying server sdk, so far so good, i can replicate what i did with PUN so...

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TreeLion,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Whether you use Photon Cloud or Photon Server, rooms live on the dedicated servers.
    Master Client is not the host.
    Read about Master Client.

Photon Cloud is using an updated version of the same Photon Server running LoadBalancing application, which you get in the self-hosted SDK with slight differences. Read more here.
    Read about LoadBalancing application.