Problem getting mic input from Oculus Rift

Options
Hello,

I am using PUN 2 and Voice 2. Room connection and mic transmission is working as it should when using the "CharacterInstantiation" script found in Photon>PhotonVoice>Demos>DemoVoicePun>Scripts. However, I had to replace that script with the script from the Oculus Avatar documentation (found here: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/v2/demos-and-tutorials/oculusavatarsdk) in order to use VR. The problem I am having is that the Photon Voice View component on my Local Avatar will not reference the primary recorder at run time. Therefore, no sound is being recorded from my Oculus Rift.

I am wondering if there is a step missing in the Oculus Avatar documentation. I assume there is some reference in the "CharacterInstantiation" script that connects the instantiated player to the voice network and connects the primary recorder to the player, but I am unsure of what this call may be.

Does anybody know why this may be happening? Or if there is a working Photon Voice/Oculus sample somewhere that I can reference?

Thanks!

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi @Narwalk,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

The problem I am having is that the Photon Voice View component on my Local Avatar will not reference the primary recorder at run time
    why is that? how?

You could try the different options.
    When preparing the prefab if you are using one:

1. Enable AutoCreateRecorderIfNotFound
    2. Add a Recorder to the prefab and set RecorderInUse to that instance

or at runtime when the PhotonVoiceView is added to the scene:

3. Set RecorderInUse to the Recorder instance in the scene, it could PrimaryRecorder or not.

FYI:
    Photon Voice 2 support "Manual Instantiation" as well.