Photon Sending Events on Scheduled times.

markphoton
edited January 2012 in Photon Server
Hello Everyone,

I'm creating a simple multi-player game which extends the Lite Application and arrived in this problem where I need to send an event to all the connected peers on a scheduled time.

Is this possible to do internally with Photon? Can I just install a Cron or Quartz serviced that directly calls a method inside Photon?

If is not can you suggest other alternative solutions?

Yours,
Mark

Comments

• Use ScheduleOnInterval()
  • Where can I find an example on how to use it?
  • I don't think its directly used anywhere but it otherwise works like the regular Schedule thats called in different places
  • ScheduleOninterval is rarely used.
    Instead, we schedule a new message when executing the current one. This way, it's pretty easy to stop scheduling messages.
    But like dreamora said: The usage is similar to the regular Schedule. Try it :)
  • How do you schedule a new message when executing a new one in a poolfiber?
  • From LiteLobby (Photon v3):
    protected override void ProcessMessage(IMessage message)
    {
    	// this switch only handles the Lobby-specific messages.
    	// all other messages will be handled by the base class.
    	switch ((LobbyMessageCode)message.Action)
    	{
    		case LobbyMessageCode.PublishChangeList:
    			this.PublishChangeList();
    			return;
    		// ...

private void PublishChangeList()
    {
    	if (this.changedRoomList.Count > 0 && this.Actors.Count > 0)
    	{
    		var customEvent = new CustomEvent(0, (byte)LiteLobbyEventCode.GameListUpdate, this.changedRoomList);

// PublishEvent(hashtable) uses a reference to hashtable, which means you can not clear it (see below)
    		this.PublishEvent(customEvent, this.Actors, new SendParameters { Unreliable = true });
    	}

this.changedRoomList = new Hashtable(); // creating a new hashtable, as PublishEvent() uses just a ref to the data to be sent
    	this.SchedulePublishChanges();
    }

private void SchedulePublishChanges()
    {
    	var message = new RoomMessage((byte)LobbyMessageCode.PublishChangeList);
    	this.schedule = this.ScheduleMessage(message, LobbySettings.Default.LobbyUpdateIntervalMs);
    }

Hope this helps.