UE 4.20 sdk for On-prem server

Where do you download the sdk for this? I am looking for the Windows and PS4. I can download the ps4 voice but I cant find the PS4 or window c++ sdk for UE

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited October 2018
    Hi @mjoye.

For UE4 you use the standard Photon C++ Client SDKs for PS4 and Windows (or for any other platforms that are supported by both, UE4 and Photon).

Note that there are no client SDKs listed for the 'Self-Hosted' filter in our download section anymore, as that confused many users who where looking for the Server SDK. Instead you should use the 'Realtime' filter.

Also note that there is just one C++ Client SDK per platform which supports self-hosted servers, Photon Realtime and Photon Chat. So it does not matter if you follow the download link for the PS4 Chat Client SDK or the PS4 Realtime Client SDK: both links point to the exact same zip anyway.

Hence just use the 'C++' filter in combination with either the 'Playstation 4' or the 'Windows filter' and then click on either the realtime or the chat package (note that the 'Windows' filter will give the 'Windows' and the 'WindowsStore' SDK - with Unreal Engine you should use the 'Windows' SDK and not the 'WindowsStore' one).

PS:
    The Photon Voice PS4 package that you have mentioned is a package for Unity. This is NOT a Photon C++ Client SDK.

PPS:
    To be able to actually download the PS4 Client SDKs you need to first verify your PS4 developer status to us by clicking on the Photon link in the middleware section of the Sony devnet (see https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/consoles/overview).
  • Hello,
    I have already verify our PS4 developer status, but the last time we download the sdk, there was a C++ client sdk listed. :) Thank you very much.
  • mjoye said:

but the last time we download the sdk, there was a C++ client sdk listed.

When I wrote
    Note that there are no client SDKs listed for the 'Self-Hosted' filter in our download section anymore, as that confused many users who where looking for the Server SDK.

the 'anymore' referred to a very recent change just a couple of days ago, so the last time you downloaded the SDK was probably still before that change