SOLVED-ERROR Realtime Demo Example Does Not Show the Players

Options
buck
edited January 2012 in Photon Server
I made screen captures and descriptions relating to this problem. I posted to a Dropbox account.

[SOLUTION BELOW]
*Just one very important notation that made the biggest difference for me. If you have to switch from Photon Instance1 to Photon InstanceLoadBalancing or vice versa, give the server at least a minute to do the switch. I found I was in such a rush to test, that at times, an error would register when it fact it was just me being impatient. This made all the difference.

As for Photon Instance1, you can test to see if the server is running by selecting the Run TestClient. You'll see a simulation. The output should look something like this:

Test case: Lite
Settings: 25 games per process, 4 players per game, game server at 127.0.0.1:453
0 (Node: 0)
Sending unreliable operation every 100 ms

Starting 25 games with 4 players
[5060] Press Return to End
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)1 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)2 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)3 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)4 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)5 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)6 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)7 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)8 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)9 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)10 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)11 with 4 clients
[5060] Started game YOURSERVERNAME(5060)12 with 4 clients

....and so on...

I can now completely run either the Viking Demo or the Realtime Demo (and chat) with my local install.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Maybe you are using the wrong server SDK. Photon 2 is incompatible with the 3.0.0.8 Unity client SDK.
    Use Photon v3.x. I tried to reproduce your issue with it and for me it worked.

Also, there is another error in your console screenshot which I can't read. It shows a -2 as error. Please copy the text from this error.
  • buck
    Options
    Tobias wrote:
    Maybe you are using the wrong server SDK. Photon 2 is incompatible with the 3.0.0.8 Unity client SDK.
    Use Photon v3.x. I tried to reproduce your issue with it and for me it worked.

Also, there is another error in your console screenshot which I can't read. It shows a -2 as error. Please copy the text from this error.

Thanks for this. I'll notate the error and post any other info.

I am using the sample from Photon-Unity3D_v3-0-0-8_SDK\demo-realtime-unity.
    The Photon server I am running is version 3.0.9.841.

Regarding the server, I compared it with the install video located at:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/v3/quickstart/ ... iveminutes

I notice that my current Photon server has:
    Photon Instance 1
    Photon InstanceLoadBalancing

Here's a screen capture of it:
    img1.jpg

In the install video it is not the same. Would that have anything to do with it?

re:"Use Photon v3.x. I tried to reproduce your issue with it and for me it worked."
    This is good to know. Can you please let me know if you can now run the Viking demo using the same server configs as the realtime demo?

Thanks for any help on this, awesome support across the board this morning :D
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    For realtime demo, Instance1 and only Instance1 should be running, but InstanceLoadBalancing must not be running.
  • buck
    Options
    Kaiserludi wrote:
    For realtime demo, Instance1 and only Instance1 should be running, but InstanceLoadBalancing must not be running.

Thank you. This explains a lot. So to clarify:

1. If anyone is testing out the realtime and chat demos, the InstanceLoadBalancing should NOT be running.

2. If anyone is trying to run the Viking demo, then InstanceLoadBalancing and Instance1 should be running? Or would it be just InstanceLoadBalancing should be running? I would assume the latter?

Again, thanks for the support.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    buck wrote:
    Kaiserludi wrote:

Thank you. This explains a lot. So to clarify:

1. If anyone is testing out the realtime and chat demos, the InstanceLoadBalancing should NOT be running.

2. If anyone is trying to run the Viking demo, then InstanceLoadBalancing and Instance1 should be running? Or would it be just InstanceLoadBalancing should be running? I would assume the latter?
    1. yes
    2. only instanceLoadBalancing