photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView> ();
         photonView.RPC ("RandomMoneyFBot", PhotonTargets.All);

}
     [RPC]
     void RandomMoneyFBot(){
         BotMoney = Random.Range (12,60);
     }
 }

But every client gets diffrent numbers. How I can solve this?

Also;

When I want RPC to a string with PhotonNetwork.playerName every player gets their own player name. I want to just write RPC sender's name to string. How can I do this?

Comments

• S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    The RPC is sended to all Clients and the Content of the RPC is executed on all Clients, this means the Random.Range result is on all Clients a different.

A better approach is to generate a Random Number on one Client and send this Number to all other clients.

Same Answer for the other Topics you opened.

I dont get the second Question but, it is the same problem and same approach to solve ur problem.
  • thanks s_oliver but how to generate random one one client and how to send it help please
  • I changed your code to represent what you wanted if I understood right:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    public class Botmoney : MonoBehaviour {

public int BotMoney;

public bool botStealable = true;

PhotonView photonView; 

private void Start () 
          {
                  photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();

int randomMoney = Random.Range (12, 60);

photonView.RPC ("ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot", PhotonTargets.All, randomMoney);
          }

[RPC]
          private void ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot(int moneyAmount)
          {
                 BotMoney = moneyAmount;
          }
    }
    So basically, what happens now is the random money amount is created before we send the RPC to all clients and we send the random amount as a parameter to all players, which means that the number for everybody will be equal to the amount that was created by the client who sent the RPC.
  • Samuelroos wrote: »
    I changed your code to represent what you wanted if I understood right:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;public class Botmoney : MonoBehaviour { public int BotMoney; public bool botStealable = true; PhotonView photonView; private void Start () { photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>(); int randomMoney = Random.Range (12, 60); photonView.RPC ("ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot", PhotonTargets.All, randomMoney); } [RPC] private void ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot(int moneyAmount) { BotMoney = moneyAmount; } }

So basically, what happens now is the random money amount is created before we send the RPC to all clients and we send the random amount as a parameter to all players, which means that the number for everybody will be equal to the amount that was created by the client who sent the RPC.

I am getting different numbers on each clients. How can i solve this
  • Samuelroos wrote: »
    I changed your code to represent what you wanted if I understood right:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;public class Botmoney : MonoBehaviour { public int BotMoney; public bool botStealable = true; PhotonView photonView; private void Start () { photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>(); int randomMoney = Random.Range (12, 60); photonView.RPC ("ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot", PhotonTargets.All, randomMoney); } [RPC] private void ReceiveRandomMoneyFromBot(int moneyAmount) { BotMoney = moneyAmount; } }

bujt wouldnt this code (int randomMoney= ...) get executed on ALL clients because it's in a start method ? where do we specify that the code should ONLY be run on 1 client ? and then the result sent to all .... ?

should we maybe use the List of Players and make the random generation happen only in Player[0] for example, or a way to choose the Master Client ?
  • Samuelroos Thanks it Works
  • You could also just use the same seed on all clients, then all clients should generate the same random numbers.
    var seed = 12532434; //some custom made seed that must be the same on all clients, use what ever is available for all clients and is the same
    var rnd = new Random(seed);
    var rndValue = rnd.Next(0, 10);

Now if all clients call rnd.Next(0,10) the first time it generates 4, next time it generates a 2, then a 6,9...
    of course all clients have to call the rnd.Next the same amount