Strange error: Game does not exist

Options
marf
marf
Hi, I have another big problem:

I create a room with a player, and the player that create it can play it, the room is listed in the lobby correctly, but when I try to Join it it says this error:
joinGame failed, client stays on masterserver: OperationResponse 226: ReturnCode: 32758 (Game does not exist). Parameters: {}. State: JoinedLobby
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:115)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:634)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:783)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:75)

That's very strange because the game is listed but the error says Game does not exist.

For room games I use names like this: WarArm Game N.390 - Rave, maybe the problem are all the spaces?

Thanks a lot,

Marco

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Whitespace in names is no problem.

Are you sure the first player reached the gameserver, created the room and still is connected to it? It could be a timeout of the first player: The room gets cleaned up and the other players can't join anymore.

Can you reproduce this issue?
  • marf
    Options
    I think the room exist because the player who create it can call RPC and his photonView works well.
  • marf
    Options
    The problem is that after that I create the room the callback OnDisconnectedFromPhoton() is called, I don't know why.

Before this callback it says an error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect..ctor (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer npeer, System.String ipPort)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.Connect (System.String ipport, System.String appID, Byte nodeId)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Connect (System.String serverAddress, System.String applicationName, Byte node)
    NetworkingPeer.Connect (System.String serverAddress, System.String appID, Byte nodeId) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:163)
    NetworkingPeer.OnStatusChanged (StatusCode statusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:934)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.Disconnected ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect.<Run>b__1 ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands ()
    PhotonHandler.Update () (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:75)

• dreamora
    Options
    you never connect to the server correctly, likely the informations you provide in Connect are incorrect (incorrect ip / port or an invalid application name which will lead to a connection error too on Photon 3 RC6+ as you no longer fallback to the default application if the provided name is incorrect)
  • marf
    Options
    I don't change the informations since I installed Photon. I try with PhotonCloud and Own Host both, but the error is the same.
  • marf
    Options
    All resolved, the problem was when I generate a random number room, it was different between the host and the client.

Can I use special char (like "°") in room name?
  • Tobias
    Options
    I would avoid special chars. They are hard to display and likely need more bytes to encode. Aside from that, they should be fine but I don't want to guarantee that either ;)