URGENT: Overriding server time?

factoid
edited December 2011 in Photon Server
Hi, hopefully someone here can help us out, bit of a shot in the dark, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Due to some faulty client side code, our game is now throwing exceptions due to the server time. Attempting to set the clock back a week on our photon server doesn't seem to have any impact on the time value being sent to the clients.

While we get the patch rolled out via Apple, I was hoping there might be some way to roll back the value reported by ServerTimeInMilliseconds

The code in .NET is reported as

public int get_ServerTimeInMilliSeconds()
{
return (this.peerBase.serverTimeOffsetIsAvailable ? this.peerBase.serverTimeOffset + this.LocalTimeInMilliSeconds : 0);
}

But I couldn't find any documentation or information on how peerBase.serverTimeOffset is determined aside from a brief mention in this post.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3&start=0

Is there any way we can "roll back time"? This just has to function as a brief work around until we can get the clients patched.

Thanks very much for your time,
Adrian

Comments

• Hi Adrian.
    The easiest solution to your problem would be to just restart the server, as the servertime is the time in ms since the computer, on which the Photon server is running, has been started (overflowing all about 49 days).
  • Ah ok... I'll give it a go. Hadn't thought to restart the entire server. Just to reboot the photon service. Thanks!