Connecting remotely...

Options
drawmaster77
edited December 2011 in Photon Server
Sorry to ask this question again.. as I found bunch of threads asking the same thing. But none of the solutions helped to resolve my issue.

I am just trying to run the basic server chat, which works both on localhost or internal LAN connection, but I get the "No connection could be made target machine actively refused it" exception when connecting via my static IP

I have forwarded ports, checked firewall, checked that nothing is using the TCP4530 and UDP5055 (in fact it shows that Photon is using these). If I run a port probe it shows these ports as open.. In fact I can see port scan request in the server log when it happens. But when I try to connect from remote computer, nothing even shows in logs.. I have no fancy firewalls or antiviruses, just barebone Win7 installation on both computers. I am not sure what else to try... I bet I am missing something obvious :/

Thanks.

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    To check:

1. If you use the load balancing instance not the instance 1 (ensure only one is running) you additionally must open tcp 4531, 4532 and udp 5056 and 5057

2. If you use Unity webplayers, you must open up the policy server port too

3. Are you sure your router allows IP loopback at all? potentially it simply drops your connection cause you try to connect to yourself with your external IP

4. did you check the photon logs if they mention something? I ask cause if you use the load balancing app you have to configure GameServer1 and GameServer2 in their bin folders too to use the external port or you can not connect to them at all
  • I dont think I have any load balancing, its just the basic server chat demo off the website.

how do I check if my router allows IP loobpack? That might be the problem I think

Even if I connect from the same computer but via router's IP I get the same error (but if I connect via 192.168 address it connects just fine)
  • ok looks like its working when server is connected from another computer outside of my LAN
  • dreamora
    Options
    Ok then its simply your router that does not like lan -> public ip -> lan loopbacks