DemoWorker existing connection was forcibly closed [SOLVED]

Options
Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago, I downloaded the 100 CCU license so I could host my own Photon server. My set up took a while but I got it working and also got the Viking Demo to work. So from my local desktop I can connect to the Photon server I have set up remotely to my test server. My friends can also connect and we get a nice group of Vikings wandering the game.

Today I thought I would try the Photon Unity Networking example that uses the Demo Worker. I've had mixed results.

When I use cloud hosting, the Demo Worker demo works fine. I signed up for 30 day trial and submitted my e-mail address. So that's good. It's pretty straight forward and I think it's a great service.

However, when I try SelfHosted, it doesn't work. I went through the dialog box and I entered the server info, the server port and the App ID (I assume it's MasterServer). Started to run the Demo Worker game, but then it throws an error. I get the following in the debug console:
"An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host"

I've spent several hours on this issue and about to pull my hair. I'm sure it's something simple but there are thousands of simple things about Photon to choose from. The challenge is figuring out which simple thing it is ;)

Does anyone have any idea why it works with the Viking Demo (self hosted) and not the Demo Worker (self hosted)?

Comments

• Well I was at it again today and if anyone else had this issue it had everything to do with the new PUN plugin.

In the updated version of PUN, there is a Resources folder with a file called PhotonServerSettings. This is a new file that would invoke a form with the following options:
    1. Sign up with Photon Cloud hosting.
    2. Connect to the cloud with an AppID.
    3. Self host your own app <--this was the one I was trying to do.

When I updated to the new version of PUN, my Viking demo no longer worked (the one I downloaded back a couple of months ago) but both the demo worker and viking demo worked fine with the cloud services.

I also updated the PHOTON server. I was running RC3. I upgraded to RC7 and bliss ensued.
    As I like to keep backups of my installs, I had to allow the new install to pass through the firewall as well as turning off the old photon services that were running. I found the only way to do that effectively was by restarting the server. Otherwise, the service didn't want to quit.

All works now.

...sip...