JoinRandomRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server . . . (appears to be in error)

I receive this error when switching rooms (I leave and then join a new one after getting OnLeft()), but it works as expected.

The full error is: JoinRandomRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.

Why would I get OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster? I am already connected and have a lobby, I am just changing rooms. And, please confirm, OnConnectedToMaster is for use with OfflineMode?

Is this error message in error, or do I need to fix something?

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks. Auto lobby is enabled, and I was trying to join a new room right after OnRoomLeft(), but letting OnJoinedLobby() call the room creation took care of the error.

1) If I disabled Auto Lobby, could I bypass OnJoinedLobby() and go straight to CreateRoom or JoinRoom without error, and save the lobby creation time? Is that recommended?

2) OnConnectedToMaster() is called when I Disconnect() and enable offlineMode. Do I understand correctly, that is the way to switch to offline mode?
  • HernandoN
    HernandoN
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the answers. Still working on it...