Server fails to load plugin, but works with development environment?

Hi!

I am trying to add my plugin to my self-hosted server. Locally (Windows 10), the server and plugin run without any problems. However, on the server (Windows Server 2016), I get the following error message in the log:

2018-03-22 13:53:23,805 [1] INFO  Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication - Setup: serverId=7bf93619-d692-4065-b3fd-7e01f6b7d59d
2018-03-22 13:53:23,844 [1] INFO  Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager - Plugin configured: name=MyPlugin
2018-03-22 13:53:26,026 [1] ERROR Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager - Got Exception during either loading of assembly C:\Photon-OnPremise-Server-SDK_v4-0-29-11263\deploy\Plugins\MyPlugin\\bin\MyPlugin.dll or type MyPlugin.PluginFactory.
Exception System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager.SetupPluginManager(String path, String typeName, Dictionary`2 config) in d:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src-server\Hive\PhotonHive\Plugin\PluginManager.cs:line 296

I have the exact same version on the server as in the develop environment. Everything is just copy pasted to the server. Any ideas what might be causing the problems? Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Why is it saying "An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location"? The file is locally on the server?
  • undercover
    edited March 2018
    Found the a solution here. Since the files were downloaded from an internet service I use, they were flagged in the server version. When "unblocking" the files, everything worked again!