How do I instantiate multiple GameObjects over Photon Network correctly?

Options
Hi

So I am building a procedural level and I am trying to instantiate multiple GameObjects over the Photon server.

I am just using the ConnectAndJoinRandom Script that Photon supplies as my Network manager.

then I instantiate all the GameObjects like so:

PhotonNetwork.Instantiate(gameObjectsToPlace[i].gameObjects.name, gameObjectsToPlace[i].posRots[j].position + transform.position, gameObjectsToPlace[i].posRots[j].rotation * rotationX, 0);

And it instantiates all the GameObjects over the network and then a minuet later it throws an exception:

Failed to Instantiate prefab: Cube. Client should be in a room. Current connectionStateDetailed: Disconnecting

And then all the gameObjects disappear.

Can someone please help?

Comments

• markashburner
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So I have tried changing it from Photon.Instantiate to Photon.InstantiateSceneObject like so:

if (PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient)
    {
    PhotonNetwork.InstantiateSceneObject(gameObjectsToPlace[i].gameObjects.name, gameObjectsToPlace[i].posRots[j].position + transform.position, gameObjectsToPlace[i].posRots[j].rotation * rotationX, 0, null);

}

It instantiates the objects but then disconnects and the objects disappear, even when I am a master client.

But still getting the same exception?

• Is it because I have the PhotonNetwork.InstantiateSceneObject under an Update() method?
  • Hi @markashburner,

please don't open separate threads about the same topic. It's actually hard to get the current state of the problem. I already answered to the other thread, but I want to add another hint here. Since you make something procedural, you should avoid creating the level with networked objects. Instead try to use a seed which you can share across the network which allows each client to generate the same level.