PUN & Windows Store Realtime apps not seeing eachother

I have two applications, one running Unity and PUN, and another running as a C# Windows Store App with the Realtime Windows Store SDK C++ code. I have the apps with the same AppID, I have checked that the connection string is the same (however, the connection string is specified in C++ in the WinStore, and C# for the Unity app). I have tried calling JoinOrCreateRoom with the same room name on both but they connect to different rooms with the same name. I have also tired changing the lobby settings to try to get them into the same lobby, but they never see eachother. Looking at the logs, they DO connect to the same server IP and the same port, leading me to believe that its possible.

Are these two photon products expected to work together? Is there anything special I need to do to get them to connect properly?

Thanks!

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bossmanbob,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

The reason is probably different AppVersion per client.
    If you use PUN and non-PUN clients at the same time or if you have clients with different PUN versions, you need to take into consideration PUN's specific AppVersion format: {gameVersion}_{PUN_version}. So if you set the gameVersion to "1.0" in PUN and use PUN version "1.80" then the resulting AppVersion is "1.0_1.80".
    [source]
    And as a safety measure follow our "Matchmaking Checklist".