Null Pointer Exception during connection

dragagon
dragagon
edited November 2011 in Photon Server
This error only occurred to me once, I haven't gotten again since. Thought ya'll should know. It was just during a reconnect to the server.

2011-11-09 14:36:09,329 [11] ERROR Photon.SocketServer.ApplicationBase [(null)] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Photon.SocketServer.ServerToServer.TemporaryServerPeer.Application_OnOutboundConnectionEstablished() in c:\build\photon-socketserver-sdk_3.0\src\Photon.SocketServer\ServerToServer\TemporaryServerPeer.cs:line 126
at Photon.SocketServer.ApplicationBase.PhotonHostRuntimeInterfaces.IPhotonApplication.OnOutboundConnectionEstablished(IPhotonPeer photonPeer, Object userData) in c:\build\photon-socketserver-sdk_3.0\src\Photon.SocketServer\ApplicationBase.cs:line 413

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report. Can you let us know the exact version of the PhotonSocketServer.dll, please?

(Go to the "lib" folder, rightclick on PhotonSocketServer.dll, switch to the Details tab and note the File version).
  • Sorry, should have included that. I'm using 3.0.6.2188.
  • Thanks for the info. The Null Reference Exception is already fixed in newer releases.
  • Talking about newer releases:
    The RC5 has a memory leak and will be replaced soon. This is only a problem with lots of players.
    We keep it available because it's currently the only server for self-hosting compatible with Photon Unity Networking v1.4.1.