Photon suddenly won't connect.

Freel4tte
edited November 2011 in DotNet
So I'm making my own arena game out of the Angry Bots Photon demo game. It used to work with an own lobby, arena and health and stuff. And I have always tested it with two connections on my laptop (unity editor and a build). So I tough I should test it with three connections. So I build a web player version and tested it with the other two. I had to unblock a connection in a firewall popup and after that Unity gave me this error:
Connect() failed: System.Security.SecurityException: Unable to connect, as no valid crossdomain policy was found
Received unknown status code: SecurityExceptionOnConnect
Cannot send op: Not connected. PeerState: Disconnected

And now I can't connect to Photon. Not with two connections or with even with one, while it always used to work with only two connections. Does anyone have an idea why Unity suddenly stops connecting to Photon? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• you likely forgot to forward tcp 843 so the socket policy can be verified
  • That sounds obvious so I'll try that out. But does that really change after using a webplayer build? Just to be clear I can't connect with Photon any more. I used different Photonclients and I'm not trying to connect with the webplayer build.
  • The editor applies the security mechanism when it's set to built for web. Your console output shows this.
    Try to build for Win/OSx again and get the port forward for TCP 843 setup.
  • It worked! Thank you for your help! :)