Problem: Join failed on gameserver.

Options
Hello all,

I am trying to play around with Photon because it looks great. I got working Viking demo, but I cant make it work in my own game. I extracted the basic Photon package from the demo and started it as an application. When Im trying to connect to Photon everything looks ok until im trying to create a room. It says "Join failed on gameserver". Is anyone willing and able to help? :) Thank you very much.

My code in Unity: http://pastebin.com/iMdyaWXT

Error msgs (2):
1st:

OperationResponse 255: ReturnCode: -1 (Unknown operation code 255). Parameters: {}
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:85)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:691)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:702)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)

2nd:
Join failed on gameserver.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:85)
NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:691)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:847)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:48)

Comments

• ok i copied the photon files from the viking demo to my project and it works now :/ maybe the original package was damaged somehow. So its fixed for now :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Good to know.