- Last Active
- Registered, Administrator
To which region(s) do you connect to?
Please verify connection speed/quality with a traceroute from Dubai to those region(s).1
There seems to be some confusion about our services.
a) Photon Cloud (used by PUN e.g.)
- $185 for 1000 ccu
- We host the (game) servers
- you can extend it somewhat with webhooks
- for a database, you would need to use a 3rd party service (or host the DB yourself)
- you can e.g. combine this with Playfab (https://playfab.com/)
b) Photon Server
- $175 for per server with unlimited ccu
- you host the game server
- you can adjust the server code (and e.g. access any database that can be used from .NET/c#)
- you could host the DB on the game server or use a 3rd party provider
c) Photon Enterprise Cloud
- you need to get a quote for pricing
- we host the servers
- you can adjust server logic with plugins (and access a DB that way)
- price point more for bigger projects
- SLA, 24/7 NOC1
Already answered via support ticket.
Also, please try to not double/triple post ... creates increased support efforts on our side, keeping us from answering more stuff, thanks.1
You can either develop using a local Photon server or order an Enterprise cloud. Get back at email@example.com for a quote.1
1. usually couple of minutes for all caches to be updated and changes picked up
2. we call RPCs etc. messages, yes. This is not specific to Photon Chat "text" messages.
3. CCU are users connected at the same time. MAU is the sum of users active throughout the month.
4. being connected, room or otherwise, counts as CCU
5. 3 GB per CCU per month - you have to test and calculate, as this differs widely depending on app type.1