- Last Active
- Registered, Administrator
the msg/s limit is not a hard cap, so you can go over a bit.
Keep in mind
- mobile clients may get overwhelmed with sending too many messages
- keep an eye on your used traffic (see pricing page for overage cost)
- we might ask you to lower your msg/s rate, if your app starts to have any negative effect on the cloud due to msg/s rate
You can create subscriptions via your dashboard (https://www.photonengine.com/dashboard).
Select "Change CCU" for the app in question and follow the steps.
Find pricing for PUN Cloud at https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/PUN/Pricing#plan-20.1
you can use GameSparks or any other 3rd party service via HTTP.
E.g. see http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/8577/webhooks-with-gamesparks1
no, Photon does not have a backend/database built-in.
With Photon Cloud you could
- use it together with PlayFab (where they would do the persistence for you)
- use it with webhooks and host your own backend/DB
With Photon Server
- you can use any DB accessible from .NET code
- use it with either self-hosted DB or 3rd-party DB1
I think there is some confusion here - let me try to clarify.
1. Photon with out-of-the-box Facebook auth is available for our cloud only. This is what you set up via your dashboard.
2. Photon self-hosted with Facebook auth requires some more setup and a Facebook Authentication Provider (i.e. a proxy-auth-http-service), that does the actual authentication against Facebooks Graph API. For the Photon Cloud we host this provider for you. For Photon self-host, you will have to do that yourself.
Regarding the settings in your Photon Server config this would look something like:
Please see https://github.com/exitgames/photon.custom-authentication for a dummy implementation of an Authentication Provider.
<AuthProvider Name="Facebook" AuthenticationType="2" AuthUrl="https://your-facebook-auth-provider-url" appid="your-facebook-appid" secret="your-facebook-secret"/>1