Primitive types are not allowed! in opGetPropertiesOfActor

Hi!

I tried to use peer operation:
public boolean opGetPropertiesOfActor(int[] actorNrList,
                                      byte[] properties,
                                      byte channelId)
And get next exception:
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Primitive types are not allowed! Please use same wrap classes instead (Short for short, Integer for int etc).
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.Protocol.serialize(Protocol.java:260)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.Protocol.serializeParameters(Protocol.java:118)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.EnetPeer.serializeOperation(EnetPeer.java:294)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.EnetPeer.sendOperation(EnetPeer.java:276)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.PhotonPeer.opCustom(PhotonPeer.java:581)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.LitePeer.opGetPropertiesOfActor(LitePeer.java:121)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at com.slobodastudio.discussions.photon.PhotonService.opRequestActorsInfo(PhotonService.java:370)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at com.slobodastudio.discussions.photon.PhotonService.onEvent(PhotonService.java:173)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.PeerBase.parsePacket(PeerBase.java:326)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.EnetPeer.dispatchIncomingCommands(EnetPeer.java:230)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at de.exitgames.client.photon.PhotonPeer.dispatchIncomingCommands(PhotonPeer.java:523)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at com.slobodastudio.discussions.photon.PhotonService$1.run(PhotonService.java:392)
02-27 18:10:58.367: E/AndroidRuntime(26572): 	at java.util.Timer$TimerImpl.run(Timer.java:284)
Can you tell me please how to get actor properties?

Comments

• Interesting bug.
    I think I see where this is coming from but, just to be sure: What values are you passing actually?

We likely need to provide you with a bugfix release.
  • Thanks for reply, please find my client code below:
    @Override
    public void onEvent(final EventData event) {

switch (event.Code.byteValue()) {
    			case LiteEventCode.Join:
    				Integer[] actorsInGame = (Integer[]) event.Parameters.get(LiteEventKey.ActorList.value());
    				ArrayList<Integer> unknownActors = new ArrayList<Integer>();
    				for (int i : actorsInGame) {
    					if ((i != localUser.getUserId()) && !onlineUsers.containsKey(i)) {
    						unknownActors.add(i);
    					}
    				}
    				if (unknownActors.size() > 0) {
    					opRequestActorsInfo(unknownActors);
    				}
    				break;
    		}
    }

private boolean opRequestActorsInfo(final ArrayList<Integer> integerList) {

int[] intArray = new int[integerList.size()];
    		for (int i = 0; i < integerList.size(); i++) {
    		intArray[i] = integerList.get(i);
    		}
    		return peer.opGetPropertiesOfActor(intArray , new byte[]{LiteOpPropertyType.ACTOR}, (byte)0);	
    	}

• The values look ok, so I assume the bug is in the lib.
    We will update asap but I can't promise exactly when. Sorry for that.

As workaround, you can re-implement the operation yourself.
    This is how it's implemented now:
    public boolean opGetPropertiesOfActor(int[] actorNrList, byte[] properties, byte channelId)
    {
    	TypedHashMap<Byte, Object> opParameters = new TypedHashMap<Byte, Object>(Byte.class, Object.class);
    	opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.Properties, LitePropertyTypes.Actor);
    	if (properties != null)
    	{
    		opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.ActorProperties, properties);
    	}

if (actorNrList != null)
    	{
    		opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.ActorList, actorNrList);
    	}

return opCustom((byte)LiteOpCode.GetProperties, opParameters, true, channelId);
    }

This is how it should work (not tested). Note line 4 "(byte)LitePropertyTypes.Actor.value()":
    public boolean opGetPropertiesOfActor(int[] actorNrList, byte[] properties, byte channelId)
    {
    	TypedHashMap<Byte, Object> opParameters = new TypedHashMap<Byte, Object>(Byte.class, Object.class);
    	opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.Properties, (byte)LitePropertyTypes.Actor.value());
    	if (properties != null)
    	{
    		opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.ActorProperties, properties);
    	}

if (actorNrList != null)
    	{
    		opParameters.put((byte)LiteOpKey.ActorList, actorNrList);
    	}

return opCustom((byte)LiteOpCode.GetProperties, opParameters, true, channelId);
    }

In the end, LitePropertyTypes.Actor is simply 2.
    Hope this helps.
  • Hi Tobias, I am using the Photon-Android_v3-0-0-0-RC1_SDK version, but I still got this problem described above. The code keeps throwing out error "java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Primitive types are not allowed!" if I call the OpGetPropertiesOfActor. Has this bug already been fixed? And it seems this error remains even after I re-implemented the OpGetPropertiesOfActor with the code you gave.

Thanks!
  • billTCP: You're right - it didn't work.

It should be fixed in Photon-Android_v3-0-0-1_SDK.zip (available now). Please download here:
    https://www.exitgames.com/Download/Photon
  • Thanks for your fast response. I have now downloaded the new version sdk , but what puzzles me is that why there are so many inconsistency among the different versions in the android platform? For LiteEventCode, LiteOpCode, LiteEventKey and Lite EventCode, sometimes it needs a value() method to convert to byte, and sometimes it is already byte type and the value() method is unnecessary. So, I don't know whether it is a proper request, could these codes all be united?

What I met is that in the onEvent method, the usual switch-case method now report some error:
    	switch(eventData.Code)
    			{
    			// case (byte)LiteEventCode.Join.value():
    			case (byte) LiteEventCode.Join.value():

It gives the error "case expressions must be constant expressions". I checked the demo code in the demo-realtime source, it uses if-else instead of switch-case. Is this some kind of bug?

Thanks!
  • We recently had "help" from external developers with the Android lib and these inconsistencies are part of the result.
    We would like to clean up but will need some time.

I didn't recognize how the demo now handles events (if,else). :roll:
    I will discuss these issues and see what time we can invest.
  • I will put some work into it today and tomorrow morning, removing the enums, to make switches work as before.
    I just didn't notice this pre-release.
  • I just changed the switch-case logic to if-else, and it seems to work fine... And the onOperationResponse() method has the same problem, I fixed my problem by using if-else. Hope you can eliminate such puzzles soon.... Thanks very much for your explanation.
  • I took a look and replaced a few enums with classes of static final fields.
    For events (e.g.) it is essential that you (as developer) can extend the range of event-codes. This is not easily done with enums and so constants are better.
    I adjusted the demos accordingly and the new SDK is uploaded.