Oculus Avatars setup

Hey, I followed this tutorial to get Oculus Avatars to worK: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/v2/demos-and-tutorials/oculusavatarsdk

I don't see my local avatar in game i.e. no hands or any indication it's loaded, on the other end on a remote client I can see my avatar but it doesn't show my personalised avatar and it doesn't follow my position if I move around locally (I use VRTK).

Do I have to sync the positions separately and does the localavatar automatically attach to my scene OVRCameraRig even if I'm using VRTK which handles multiple setups?

Thanks

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @NyanBlade,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Did you take a look at the other forum discussions about Oculus Avatar?
  • JohnTube said:

Hi @NyanBlade,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Did you take a look at the other forum discussions about Oculus Avatar?

Hey, I had a look at some related posts but couldn't see my issue.

I followed the guide for serialisation and I am testing it with 1 PC client that loads the same scene as my Oculus Go. When the Go connects I can see an avatar spawn in but I don't see the personalised avatar and as I am using VRTK to teleport around the scene, the position of the avatar doesn't change. I can only see the rotation of the headset and controller.
  • To get the Oculus avatar to show, you need to have the Avatar SDK initialized, and that can be fiddly. First off, it doesn't work on macs. It will work on PCs but you have to pass entitlement first, then initialize the Avatar SDK. It's too much code for just this comment but search for docs using these keywords. You're going to have at least these two calls:

Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication().OnComplete(...)
    Oculus.Platform.Users.GetLoggedInUser().OnComplete(...)