PUN connects to Android but not PUN+ Please Help!

Hi I'm using Unity 5.1.0f3 and I purchased PUN+ to develop an mobile multiplayer game. However, I'm having an connectivity issue when I run the game. Inside Unity it works perfectly, the server connects and the game loads, but when I build the game for android it stays at the "Peer Connect" stage and doesn't load the room. For testing purposes removed PUN+ and imported PUN(Free) and when I build the game for android everything works as intended. Will my 100 CCU work with PUN(Free) and will my mobile game still work with PUN? If not, how do I do I get it to work with PUN+?

I used the ConnectandJoinRandom() class file to connect to the server in both PUN(works) and PUN+(doesn't work).

Comments

• Your 100 CCU subscription from PUN+ will work with PUN Free as well, yes. It's not related.

We tried to fix the export meta info (per dll and lib) for Unity 5 but it seems this still doesn't always work. I am very sorry about that.

There is no negative impact from using PUN Free in Unity 5 and we plan to skip the native libs in those packages in the next update or so.
    It would be interesting to know if the .a file exists and which export setting it has (click on it and check inspector).

Please switch to PUN Free. We will drop the native lib from the Unity 5 variant of PUN+ next week or so. IL2CPP and the whole work on export in Unity just makes it a bad experience.
  • Tobias - We purchased PUN+ about a year ago v1.25, - we have live multiplayer games using this technology - what is involved in moving the code base to PUN Free - our first attempts created a lot of errors. Do you have any kind of upgrade guide or tutorial?
    Thanks
  • Upgrade (downgrade?) guide would be very helpful. Don't really want to chase this rabbit if we can avoid it.
  • If you use Unity 5, just get the new PUN+ from the Asset Store and it won't have native libs anymore. Update as usual.
    If you think that something in the import process got stuck and you still have our native socket libs (.a and .so files), then you can delete PUN's files from the Assets\Plugins folder and re-import from the Asset Store.

It should be like a regular update now.
  • Tobias, am I supposed to fight to finish my game? or fight to keep track with PUN+ issues! not even fixing them!
  • @mouldi: You lost me. What is the question??