My clients are connecting but created rooms are not visible

Hi,
I did a tutorial and tried it also with the examples in the package. My players are connecting to the server, but they never land in the same room/game. With the example from the package (Asteroids) I cannot see the otrher rooms if I create one with another client. Three days ago everything worked fine. I rolled back my project to that moment but still not working anymore.
Is there a restriction on the servers? Anyone who had same problems before?

Comments

• I would try to setup an own server to see what is going on. But on the Photon homepage is no link to download the SDK as in the documentation descriped
  • Hi @SadorCorvus,

can you confirm that both clients connect to the same region? If you use the Best Region feature, it might happen, that clients connect to different regions. You can also set a fixed region by adding a certain region code in the PhotonServerSettings.
  • That worked!
    As I said to John - thank you so much!!

Could you please tell me, whre I could get the files to run my own server? Or did Photon change something with that? The doc refferes to a link wich is not existent anymore.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @SadorCorvus,

Could you please tell me, whre I could get the files to run my own server? Or did Photon change something with that?
    Do you need the Photon Server SDK?
    The doc refferes to a link wich is not existent anymore.
    Could you tell us which documentation page has this broken link? and which link?
  • Hi,
    thanks for the link! Yes, that´s what i´d like to check out.
    Your video on https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/getting-started/photon-server-in-5min shows at 0:17 a not existing link.
    And also the link under the video is broken "The Photon Server SDKs are available on the download page of our website."

And again, thanks for your great service :-)
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SadorCorvus,

The Video is outdated, it was recorded for Photon Voice 3 which is very old but PhotonControl.exe is still the same.

Thanks a lot for pointing out that link!
    I found out similar ones also and fixed them, the site will be updated next week.