Attached and SimulateOwner aren't being called

I have

but the Debug.Logs aren't working, neither does any other code I put in these functions.

I only have this issue in this one EnemyMovement script.
Here's everything I've already checked/tried.
  • It's a child of Bolt.EntityBehaviour
  • The same game object with this script also has the BoltEntity component with IAiState in its state property
  • I've tried Assets > Bolt > Compile Assembly
  • I instantiate the object with BoltNetwork.Instantiate
Is there something else required to use these functions? I can't find info on anything else.

Comments

• Does it appear to be attached when you click on the gameobject in the scene in play mode? If you upload a project I can take a look
  • Unfortunately uploading the project isn't really an option, it's a game that needs to stay within the team.

The script is definitely attached to the gameobjects; the Start and Update functions still work normally.
  • Can you check what I said about the entity showing up as attached when you look at it in play mode in the scene? Can you make a new project with the issue ?
  • Wschmidth
    Wschmidth
    edited November 2018
    I'm not sure what you mean by showing up as attached, how do I check that?
    I'll see if I can replicate the issue in a new project.
  • Update:
    I've been trying to recreate the issue in another project but just can't get the same issue.

I gave up and wanted to see if I could move all the code into Start and Update, but I got the error "You can't access any Bolt specific methods or properties on an entity which is detached" so I guess it's not attached. Can you think of any reasons why it wouldn't be attached? I've followed the same process to instantiate the enemies that I've done for everything else in the game and only the enemies have this issue. I tried creating a new prefab, but still the same issue.
  • I would follow the Getting Started tutorials, it'll show you how to set up an entity. There's not much I can say to help without any specifics.
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/getting-started/bolt-101-wizard-setup
  • It wont be called until u assign the control. i faced similar issue
    this might help, (code snippet 5)

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/advanced-tutorial/chapter-3