AssignControl starts drawing proxies behind

Making FPS Runner game. When AssignControl to all clients proxies start draw behind. Guess due to lags and interpolation.
Understand that it`s technically right but not appropriate for our game. Do I have other options to achieve better rendering for proxies? Is extrapolation appropriate for such a gameplay with left right movements and jumps?

Comments

• Better to say starts draw player in real time
  • I'm not sure what you mean. Is it the entity you are controlling that appears to lag? A project showing the issue would be best.
  • @stanchion When I AssignControl from server to client it starts to simulate controlled player in present but
    shows proxies in the past (interpolation). I wonder what can i do to show their approximate positions in present?
  • You can turn on extrapolation and it may behave the way you want.
  • I made simple project to show my problem https://github.com/latufla/PhotonDemoExtrapolate

I only spawn players and use PlayerMotor(PlayerMoveBehaviour is exact copy) from code samples to move them forward. Proxy player is always behind whether interpolate or extrapolate

I see it`s an RTE. I don`t have same RTE in production project. But have same issue
  • @stanchion I tried to follow tutorial and advanced tutorial code
  • I tried testing the project but couldn't get players to spawn.
  • @stanchion for simplicity sake I use Bolt Scenes -> DemoExtrapolate -> Debug Start
  • Yes I tested that way and couldn't get it to work.
  • @stanchion Runtime Errors?
  • I took a look at the code and it doesn't spawn players unless clients connect to host. I would supply instructions with your repro project next time.

You can solve the issue by changing extrapolation from "copy from character controller" to "calculate from position". I would also change command interpolation to 30 on the command.
  • @stanchion Thank you, sorry for lack of instructions(

I changed extrapolation and command interpolation. It became better, but proxy is still behind a lot. Pushed to repo
  • @stanchion Sorry, any doc or article about extrapolation in bolt. What does Max Frames and Error Tolerance mean and how to adjust em?