PUN2 RPC Calls Unity 2018.2, PUN2free

Options
For some reason when I'm trying to use the RPC Tool it won't locate the PunRPC that i have tagged, was the PunRPC tag changed in some way? I'm unable to find anything on PunRPC in the migration notes.

Also please note this is an update from PUN1 so i have to change a lot of code, i HOPFULLY deleted PUN1 properly, (I deleted the files related to PUN1 but the PUN menu drops downs were still there so i might have missed something?)

Thanks for any help!

Alakeram.

Comments

• Hi @Alakeram,

for upgrading from PUN Classic to PUN 2 I would recommend removing the entire content of PUN Classic first. Therefore you can safely remove the following two folders: /Assets/Photon Unity Networking and /Assets/PhotonChatApi. Afterwards you have to remove the libraries. You can find them in /Assets/Plugins/. If you haven't imported any other packages, you can safely remove this entire Plugins folder. If there are other files in this folder (not related to Photon), look for the Photon3Unity3D files and remove them. Also do this for the WebSocket files.

If you have removed all of the files, you can import PUN 2 into the project. You can check the Migration Notes to see all changes you have to apply. Afterwards RPCs should work as usual.

If it still isn't working afterwards, please let me know what doesn't work exactly.
  • Alakeram
    Options
    I was able to get it to work, it would be better if you actually stated that you have to use using statements (if it is stated im sorry and apparently blind)

i had to go thru 3 different pages to finally realize that i needed to use using statements to me it doesn't feel clearly stated as i was trying to type it all out and still wasn't working (I.E Photon.Pun.RPC is how i was trying to call it before)

thanks anyways for the help :)