TCP issues on server

We are hosting a photon server. All ports are open on the firewall for both server and local computer. I can connect with UDP but I cannot connect through TCP. We are using Unity 2018.1.6f1 and Photon v1.90.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BencinStudios,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What Unity version are you using?
    Could you provide logs from Unity console or server logs?
  • We are using Unity 2018.1.6f1

OnFailedToConnectToPhoton Reason: DisconnectByServerTimeout
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Aexa.TrainingApp.NetworkMgr:OnFailedToConnectToPhoton(DisconnectCause) (at Assets/_AEXA/_Core/Scripts/Networking/NetworkMgr.cs:146)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    NetworkingPeer:SendMonoMessage(PhotonNetworkingMessage, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2836)
    NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2322)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass100_0:b__0()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)

I do not get any logs on the server when I try to connect.
  • OnStatusChanged: DisconnectByServer current State: ConnectingToMasterserver
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2067)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass100_0:b__0()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)
  • Hi, @BencinStudios

are you able to reach this port using telent?
    if not, then something wrong with setup. Either photon config is wrong or firewall settings

best,
    ilya
  • BencinStudios
    edited July 2018
    Yes we can reach the port with Telnet. @chvetsov
  • Then I would suggest you write to us at developer@photonengine.com. Please provide your photon server config. ip address

best,
    ilya
  • @BencinStudios did you fix your issue?
  • @Grigor no - did contact support, seems like it was a bug. We are just living with UDP right now.
  • @BencinStudios Thank you for your answer.
  • @BencinStudios are you satisfied with UDP or you still need to get TCP working

best,
    Ilya