Operation failed: OperationResponse 219: ReturnCode: -2 (Rpc is not enabled).

Options
Hello, I have an error message that I would like to understand better, what does Rpc is not enabled mean? I presume this is an error message that is from within the Server - but since we don't use a custom Photon server what does it mean to me as a client side developer? Is this just a server issue or is there something I can do to or should be worries about?

The error message is
Operation failed: OperationResponse 219: ReturnCode: -2 (Rpc is not enabled). Parameters: {} Server: GameServer

And the stacktrace is
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object) NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1532) ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[]) ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands() PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:157)

Whenever I trigger this error this is what I suspect from the client side
  • This happens during a time when I have to send out multiple RPC calls (ending a player turn)
From the documentation online, all I can find this API page from the Photon Server platform
https://doc-api.photonengine.com/en/server/current/class_photon_1_1_load_balancing_1_1_common_1_1_l_b_error_messages.html
But it doesn't tell me anything, any insight on the error message is appreciated

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @SMG_RPC,

Thank you for choosing Photon and I apologize for the delay!

The error message is maybe misleading, it will be fixed and updated in the future.

It should read "WebRPC is not enabled".
    Operation code 219 is for WebRPC.

So if you are using WebRPC calls you need to configure them for your application first from server config file or from dashboard.

WebRPCs documentation page.