Not Able To Create or Join a Room After Running The Server For A While

Deibu
Deibu
edited July 2018 in Photon Server
Occasionally after having the Photon Server running for some period of time I am unable to create or join a room. My clients can connect to the Photon Server, but then they hang when trying to call PhotonNetwork.JoinRoom or PhotonNetwork.JoinOrCreateRoom. The only thing that seems to fix the issue is restarting the Photon Server service. What might be causing this behavior?

Comments

• hi, @Deibu.

It could be anything. Try to activate debug logging on your server when this happens. Collect Memory dump.
    and send all this info to us. we will take a look.

but mostly it happens because of clients modifications or plugins

best,
    ilya
  • It just started happening now, but fixed itself after ~15 minutes. In the Unity Editor, I get the error:

Operation failed: OperationResponse 226: ReturnCode: 32762 (Failed to get server instance.). Parameters: {} Server: MasterServer
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1623)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:158)

Here is the last four lines from the logs. Around 15:30 is when I was no longer able to create or join a room. No clients were connected anymore (as far as I could tell). At 15:45, I noticed additional log messages, so I tried to connect again and was able to create and join a room.

From those logs though, this is what I get:
    2018-08-06 15:30:55,980 [21] INFO Photon.Common.LoadBalancer.LoadShedding.FeedbackController - Transit CpuUsage from High to Highest with input 90
    2018-08-06 15:30:55,981 [21] INFO Photon.Common.LoadBalancer.LoadShedding.WorkloadController - FeedbackLevel changed: old=High, new=Highest
    2018-08-06 15:45:51,453 [17] INFO Photon.Common.LoadBalancer.LoadShedding.FeedbackController - Transit CpuUsage from Highest to Normal with input 50
    2018-08-06 15:45:51,454 [17] INFO Photon.Common.LoadBalancer.LoadShedding.WorkloadController - FeedbackLevel changed: old=Highest, new=Normal

Is the proper way to create memory dumps by going into TaskManager and clicking "Create dump file" for the Photon and PhotonControl processes? I did this, but the files are 396MB and 244MB respectively.
  • Hi, @Deibu
    As you may see from server logs CPU load went too high and reached 'Highest'. in this case loadbalancer cannot use the server to create new games. if you see that, then you need to add more Game servers

best,
    ilya
  • Ah, that makes sense. Is there a way to disable this from behavior? I am mostly just trying to run multiple clients on my computer/LAN to test some builds.
  • yes, there is a way.
    In your 'LoadBalancing' folder there is a file 'Workload.config'. you may update it so that 100% of CPU load will be treated as 'High' or even less

best,
    ilya
  • Awesome. Thanks for the help!