GetRoomList doesnt work in Unity 2018.2

Options
Hello,

Like i do normally i am using GetRoomList but it doesnt work. But when i do JoinRandomRoom it works. It joins but the point is getroomlist doesnt work and getroomlist.length is always 0.

How can i fix this?

Comments

• Hi @NerfeR,

please make sure that the client has joined the same lobby the room has been created in. An example for the default lobby. When using PhotonNetwork.JoinOrCreateRoom("Room Name", new RoomOptions(), null);, the room will be created in the default lobby. Other clients who wants to see the room list, have to join this lobby. To do so you can either use the enabled PhotonNetwork.autoJoinLobby = true; option or join the lobby manually after being connected to the MasterServer. You can do this by using PhotonNetwork.JoinLobby();. As soon as the client has joined the lobby, he should receive an update for the rooms list. To check out, if this happens, you can implement the void OnReceivedRoomListUpdate() callback. It gets called whenever there is an update to the list of rooms.
  • NerfeR
    Options
    @Christian_Simon I am talking about Listing rooms. I am SURE i am doing everything as like as i did in Unity 5.6. There should be a bug on Photon at unity 2018.
  • I have done a quick test in Unity 2018.2 which worked as expected. If you still have this issue, please share a few more details about it, for example the source code you are using for connecting to Photon, creating and joining the room etc.