I have 1000 objects. They are 10 buildings which consist of many many chunks

Options
If a building gets destroyed all these chunks fall. These objects just have PhotonView components with scale,rotation and position synced. Is there any way to optimize this? These are lots of components. This is what 1 photonview looks like : https://i.gyazo.com/00d1f9ba268efc33ec8a5c6378310cf0.png

I had to change it to delta Reliable Delta Compressed else the chunks that fall are extremely laggy. I wanted to ahve more than 1000 photonviews so I edited the limit to 2000.

I know PUN isn't made for massive stuff like this, but are there any methods to slightly improve the sync?

Maybe make the HOST sync the first 1/2 of all the objects and the 2nd player the 2nd 1/2? (ownership assignment and stuff)

Comments

• Hi @DavoMyan,

is it really necessary that you synchronize that many objects? Aside that I'm not sure if entirely understood what you want to have, isn't it enough to just synchronize the buildings and handle their chunks just locally triggered by a RPC for example? In my opinion you should try to drastically reduce the amount of synchronized objects.

Maybe make the HOST sync the first 1/2 of all the objects and the 2nd player the 2nd 1/2? (ownership assignment and stuff)

Spreading the load across multiple clients can be a good solution if you have more synchronized objects than in usual cases (e.g. just having one character per client).