Relay server sort of arrangement for Photon self hosted server?

Options
Is it at all possible to have a relay server sort of arrangement for the user to connect to master server from behind the firewall with the help of relay server?
I managed to setup single master and game server on 1 machine which works within the LAN. Now I want to take this on Azure where multiple users (within LAN) can connect to single relay server within firewall and then can join rooms which can be hosted/joined from public network.

So far I barely understood the working of loadbalancing which is maintained by the master server. But if it is on public network how can I put an instance of game server within LAN which can act as relay server for others to join. If it is possible how can I set the configuration for it?

any sort of input is appreciated

Answers

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @enigma
    in LoadBalancing.dll.config there is settings PublicIpAddress which you may set to what you need for your GameServer.

master will return this address to clients. so this address should be something accessible by your clients. if you are going to access game server only from LAN, then this should/can be LAN address. if you are going to access the server from outside, you should provide the corresponding address

best,
    ilya
  • enigma
    Options
    @chvetsov

tried doing that but it didn't work. Although it is working in LAN when I start that in local IP mode. I have already got one instance of photon running on Azure with static IP address using which I can connect and use photon. Now how do I add another game server that would be reachable it's master server.

Also I figured that in my LAN I don't have static IP, will that be a problem?

What is the difference between starting Photon LoadBalancing as Application and service?

• chvetsov
    Options
    >Now how do I add another game server that would be reachable it's master server.

your game server should be aware of the master location. so, in LoadBalancing.dll.config for the game server you should set master server address which it may access. that is basically it

>Also I figured that in my LAN I don't have static IP, will that be a problem?
    this might be a problem after machine restart, because ip may change

>What is the difference between starting Photon LoadBalancing as Application and service?
    it is just a matter of managing. work quality of server does not depend on this.

best,
    ilya