Can we get more information on Photon Quantum?

Options
I saw a talk by the CTO a few months ago and I'm very curious to learn as much as you guy are willing to talk about RE: Photon Quantum. From what I know, it's going to be an RTS/MOBA specific catered solution built on top of your lockstep solution TrueSync. I'm extremely interested in learning more.

Comments

• Burnout
    Burnout
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have question too. When it will be costs 95$ or something, like ur other stuff? Or maybe even 20 CCU free?
  • All information of Quantum, which are publicly available, can be found on its product page.
  • zibizz1
    Options
    Could you publish some roadmap about features you want to add in future? Or tell about these:
    -LateJoin
    -Reconnect
    -3D colliders & raycasts
  • erickpassos
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm one of the core developers for Quantum here at Exit Games.

- Late joins are supported since version 1 (although we're currently making some API changes to make them easier to support from the developer perspective);
    - Reconnects are supported out of the box;
    - 3D colliders and raycasts are under internal beta tests now... They'll be released together with the new SDKs in the next weeks and months (we don't share ETAs);

Anything business related (as quantum is exclusive for teams who sign up), please send an inquiry to developer@photonengine.com.

Erick
  • erickpassos
    Options
    About the other questions (sorry for the delay, I was warned of this topic today):

- Quantum is not based on the old TrueSync (although the fixed point math library evolved from the same original code base). Quantum is a completely different performance-focused implementation of a non-lockstepped predict/rollback simulator.

- There are no plans to make quantum a 20ccu free for now.

Even Bolt is not $95 and then free. This is for 100CCU only (just like PUN's 100 ccu tier). Photon products are always based on CCU.
  • Rusildo
    Options

- 3D colliders and raycasts are under internal beta tests now... They'll be released together with the new SDKs in the next weeks and months (we don't share ETAs);

Hi. Can we expect these features to appear this year? :o

• erickpassos
    Options
    Hi,

We released the Beta version of the quantum 3D physics engine a few months ago. The initial versions has:
    - Transform3D and DynamicBody3D pre-built components;
    - Box and Sphere primitive shapes;
    - Static, Kinematic and Dynamic bodies;
    - Raycasts, Linecasts, Shape overlaps;
    - Layers, Triggers, etc
    - Type safe collision callbacks.

We're about to release the production version of the physics engine (with next SDK 1.2.4) with the following new features:
    - Mesh and Terrain colliders for static levels;
    - Character Controller 3D (for FPS and TPS games);
    - Raycast-based wheel colliders and Vehicle sample code;
    - Restitution and Friction combine functions;