Webhooks / load gamestate

Options
Hello,

I'm at a point where I want to load a gamestate for a rejoining player who previously got disconnected. If I use a web server and webhooks to restore the gamestate, how much of the work is done by the photon sdk? Do I have to download the Photon Server sdk and run it on a dedicated server? I wanted to test out the Memory Game Demo but I can't seem to find it, is it included in the unity store asset? If yes, I must be blind.

On another thought, with how much data can I fill the custom room properties before the performance drops noticeable? I would store the data from objects that got changed in the room properties and load it from there after re-joining.
Photon seems really powerful but the documentation is not really insightful at first glance, at least for beginners.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @schicki,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

how much of the work is done by the photon sdk?

half?
    Do I have to download the Photon Server sdk and run it on a dedicated server?

no. Photon Webhooks work on Photon Cloud. However you need a web server of your own or a third party service to implement the webhooks.
    I wanted to test out the Memory Game Demo but I can't seem to find it, is it included in the unity store asset?
    It is not part of PUN but Photon Realtime Unity SDK.
    On another thought, with how much data can I fill the custom room properties before the performance drops noticeable?
    This has been asked before. The answer is we can't measure or tell. It depends on your use case.
    Photon seems really powerful but the documentation is not really insightful at first glance, at least for beginners.
    Thank you for your feedback. We are trying to make docs better with your help.