PUN API

Options
hi.i want to know that is there any way of handling clients connection to the server???
for example we have a method (connectUsingSettings) in PUN that connect the client to master server with a App version.so anyone can connect to server with his own app version.is it possible to handle these settings in the server to force clients to connect in a same App ID???

for creating my own client sdk what API shoudl i use????

Comments

• Aidin0181
    Options
    photonnetwork.connectusingsetting(string gameversion)

gameVersion This client's version number. Users are separated from each other by gameversion (which allows you to make breaking changes).

what does it make separated???
  • Aidin0181
    Options
    hmmmmm, i think it doesn't matter what version client using.because in photon Premise this feature is disabled right??according to this page
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/getting-started/onpremises-or-saas#differences_table
  • Aidin0181
    Aidin0181
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i'm a little bit confusing.

enum ClientState

Detailed connection / networking peer state. PUN implements a loadbalancing and authentication workflow "behind the scenes", so some states will automatically advance to some follow up state. Those states are commented with "(will-change)".

"behind the scenes"????

what is that mean???

in photonnetwork.connectToMaster() when i followed the source i figured out it that photonnetwork class use a method in networkingPeer class.and the networkingPeer is inherited from LoadbalancingPeer class and LoadbalancingPeer class inherited from PhotonPeer class.well , till here everything make sense to me.but in netwrokingPeer class that it use base.Connect() method (PhotonPeer.connect()) to connect Client to Master,nothing will happen till 2 space line later :
     public bool Connect(string serverAddress, ServerConnection type)
        {
            if (PhotonHandler.AppQuits)
            {
                Debug.LogWarning("Ignoring Connect() because app gets closed. If this is an error, check PhotonHandler.AppQuits.");
                return false;
            }

if (this.State == ClientState.Disconnecting)
            {
                Debug.LogError("Connect() failed. Can't connect while disconnecting (still). Current state: " + PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed);
                return false;
            }

this.cachedServerType = type;
            this.cachedServerAddress = serverAddress;
            this.cachedApplicationName = string.Empty;

this.SetupProtocol(type);

// connect might fail, if the DNS name can't be resolved or if no network connection is available
            bool connecting = base.Connect(serverAddress, "", this.TokenForInit);

/////// Region the MAGIC thing that i cant understand it  

if (connecting)
            {
                switch (type)
                {
                    case ServerConnection.NameServer:
                        State = ClientState.ConnectingToNameServer;
                        break;
                    case ServerConnection.MasterServer:
                        State = ClientState.ConnectingToMasterserver;
                        break;
                    case ServerConnection.GameServer:
                        State = ClientState.ConnectingToGameserver;
                        break;
                }
            }
    /////// EndRegion the MAGIC thing that i cant understand it  

return connecting;
        }

and this is the magic code that i cant figure it out how does this piece of code make the connection and i can receive it from my server.believe me i made this code commented and nothing i would receive from my server.

to my question i want to implement some logic to not everybody can join the master.

public void OnConnectClicked()
        {
            PhotonPeer peer = new PhotonPeer(_photon , ConnectionProtocol.Udp);
            if (_photon.initialize(peer, "127.0.0.1:5055", "LoadBalancing"))
            {
                Debug.Log("connected");
                connected = true;
            }

}

public void OnConnectUsingSettingsClicked()
        {
            Debug.Log(PhotonNetwork.ConnectToMaster("127.0.0.1", 5055 , "LoadBalancing" , "1.0"));
        }

and the funny thing is this that when i use my own peer and use PUN peer (that use LoadbalancingPeer)
    they both will connect to server.the only difference that i cant figure it out is that with PUN connection my Master server will authenticate the client and give him a UserID.and i don't know how does it work.i know it will do those authentication with ClientState Enums.but what is that magic came from???What's Next? :neutral:

• Aidin0181
    Options
    how does this piece of code work????

public LoadBalancingPeer(ConnectionProtocol protocolType) : base(protocolType)
    {

Debug.Log("on LoadBalancingPeer constructor");
    // this does not require a Listener, so:
    // make sure to set this.Listener before using a peer!
    }

i never attach this Loadbalancing peer class or any c# script that inherited from this class.
    to be clear my scene is empty.there is nothing in it.but when i start the game it will return this debug.log message.how??????how this PUN work???????????????????????
  • Aidin0181
    Options
    when i use PUN custom authentication my server wont redirect peer to OnCustomAuthenticationRequest method.insted it use HandleAuthenticateRequest method.what is the problem??

public void OnConnectUsingSettingsClicked()
        {
            PhotonNetwork.AuthValues = new AuthenticationValues();
            PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AuthType = CustomAuthenticationType.Custom;
            PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.UserId = "hasan"; 
            PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AddAuthParameter("user", "Aidin");
            PhotonNetwork.AuthValues.AddAuthParameter("pass", "123456");
            PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("1.1");
        }

• Aidin0181
    Options
    in one case i could make an CustomAuthentication

2018-04-02 17:11:13,676 [11] DEBUG Photon.SocketServer.Rpc.Peer - set operation handler to Photon.LoadBalancing.Master.OperationHandler.OperationHandlerAuthenticating, was Photon.LoadBalancing.Master.OperationHandler.OperationHandlerInitial - peer id 1
    2018-04-02 17:11:13,695 [15] DEBUG Photon.Common.Authentication.CustomAuthHandler - Authenticating client 1 - custom authentication type: 0
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,055 [12] DEBUG Photon.SocketServer.Net.HttpRequestQueue - ProcessResponseConnecting: Url:'http://photon.webscript.io/auth-demo?secret=customauthsecret&user=Aidin&pass=123456', Request WebStatus: NameResolutionFailure, Response , Exception: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'photon.webscript.io'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Photon.SocketServer.Net.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponseCallBack(IAsyncResult ar) in h:\svncontent\photon-socketserver-sdk_cloud\src\Photon.SocketServer\Net\AsyncHttpRequest.cs:line 346
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,080 [12] DEBUG Photon.Common.Authentication.CustomAuthentication.ClientAuthenticationQueue - Custom authentication error: uri=http://photon.webscript.io/auth-demo?secret=customauthsecret&user=Aidin&pass=123456, status=Faulted, msg=The remote name could not be resolved: 'photon.webscript.io'
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,100 [12] DEBUG Photon.Common.Authentication.CustomAuthHandler - Authenticate client finished: conId=1, result=Error
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,119 [12] DEBUG Photon.LoadBalancing.MasterServer.MasterClientPeer - Client custom authentication failed: appId=LoadBalancing, result=CustomAuthenticationFailed, msg=Custom authentication service error: Error
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,138 [12] DEBUG Photon.SocketServer.PeerBase - SentOpResponse: Peer=T:MasterClientPeer,ConnId:1,ip:127.0.0.1:63864, opCode=230, return=32755(Custom authentication service error: Error), ChannelId=0 result=Ok size=52 bytes
    2018-04-02 17:11:14,158 [12] DEBUG Photon.SocketServer.Rpc.Peer - set operation handler to Photon.LoadBalancing.Master.OperationHandler.OperationHandlerInitial, was Photon.LoadBalancing.Master.OperationHandler.OperationHandlerAuthenticating - peer id 1

and i dont know what did i changed that now i cant receive CustomAuthentication from server.
    i dont want to use web protocols for checking the clients authentication.i just want to receive the data while connecting to master server then i can handle those authentication from photon server.

• Aidin0181
    Options
    well i enabled the customAuth settings from Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config and now i can get those messages again from customAuthentications.but why using Web???why not using the Photon server to connect to a Database for checking the data's????i cant figure out this.can u explain it to me???
    tnx... i'm waiting :tired_face:
  • Markus
    Options
    For the public Photon Cloud using Custom Authentication via Webhooks is the only way to do authentication. This is a standard procedure to integrate different systems. If you are asking for a reason, this is simply because we do not host any customer user/player DBs.

Using Photon Server, you can of course adjust the server code to directly query a database as you like.
  • Aidin0181
    Aidin0181
    edited April 2018
    Options
    how many authenticationHandler exist in loadbalancing Application????i can see some of them.but i want to be sure that my clients wont use some unknown authentications.and how to disable multiplayer login from one IPaddress?