What happened to new versions of photon server

When our project first ramped up, I got familiar with photon server as we wanted to use it for our game. Fast forward like 6 months and were getting closer to the end and I need to revisit this. I went to get the latest and I see its the same version as it was way back when. Has work on this product stopped? It seems odd for and SDK to go so long without any updates.

Comments

• hi, @ZigzaTom
    we are preparing update

best,
    ilya
  • This question pops up from time to time ... please e.g. see http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/comment/37543#Comment_37543
  • ZigzaTom
    ZigzaTom
    edited February 2018
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I asked this once before but I didnt really get an answer so I will ask again. Do you guys offer any consulting services to help us kick off server implementation? I was able to get it working but I am not an expert in development outside of unity and I don't think I setup my visual studios project cleanly to run a plugin etc. Be great to be able to pay somebody to get the footprint configured nicely and then let us run with it. I have scoured the reading material and none of it talks about "After opening the VS load balancing sample app here is how you can add a new plugin in visual studios". I tried the obvious steps like add project as a sibling of the TestPlugin but visual studios just gave me an empty list of project types which was really helpfull :) When I first set this up I basically hand edited a bunch of stuff to make it "work" but it felt really unclean.

Anyhow we were thinking spending some $$ to get our already behind project ahead would be worth it.
  • We do offer consulting, however, we only have limited resources.
    Reach out at developer@photonengine.com