EmptyRoom TTL?

Is there a limit on how long/ how many ms EmptyRoomTtl can be set? I read that it is 1 hour, but that was from a thread in 2015 and I dont know if its changed. Also, if this is the case, how would I go about making a room timeout infinite? Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Oh yes, It was AsyncRandomLobby. Thanks you for the info.
  • LaundryOnMyAbs
    edited February 2018
    I am currently using playfab as my web service and all the webhook paths are configured (just named, the code doesnt do anything, should it?). I assume the state will automatically be stored when a player disconnects (through the handler.roomclosed cloudscript, is this automatic?)? The persistent guide section "cheat sheet" shows that the room will be removed after all players leave for >EmptyRoomTtl ms, so how is it that I can load the room state from webhooks when EmptyRoomTtl has timed out (do i have to manually set create options to type=2?, or do something in the cloudscript code)? I have set PlayerTTL = -1 and EmptyRoomTtl > 0 (300000) and the room times out after 5 minutes. I know im missing something (probably cloudscript code) but I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Ive read every guide on this stuff in photon documentation (asynch, webhooks, webrpc, persistence) but i'm unsure about the connection between saving state to webhooks and retreiving it after the room has been removed from the photon server. Thanks
  • Thank you for the answer! And i have 1 more. I know this relates more to playfabs side of things, but ive read that shared group data only allows 5 key/value pairs to be updated per request. Is saving a state considered 1 update? Or is each key/value property within a state considered 1? If the latter, a state with all completely necessary properties still has at least 15 key/values (given that actornumber =4 and each actor has binary, name, etc). Also, you recommended typescript, is that an option while using playfab? Thanks! I'm making great progress on my game thanks your answers.