Debugging in Photon On-Premise Server Plugin

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm still new to Photon Engine, however would like to know how do you debug server plugins?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Kaito,

We debug plugins locally.
    So development should be run locally using the self-hosted server.
    You can add breakpoints in the plugin code.
    Take a look at the Webhooks example, build and run it (F5) to see it in action. There are build events or post-build actions that automatically run the server with the proper configuration.
    Also, you need to adjust server config and client settings to disable disconnection timeout to make it easier to debug. See the documentation page here.
  • Kaito
    Kaito
    edited February 2018
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @Kaito,

We debug plugins locally.
    So development should be run locally using the self-hosted server.
    You can add breakpoints in the plugin code.
    Take a look at the Webhooks example, build and run it (F5) to see it in action. There are build events or post-build actions that automatically run the server with the proper configuration.
    Also, you need to adjust server config and client settings to disable disconnection timeout to make it easier to debug. See the documentation page here.

Thanks for the guidance,
    However can you provide more detailed version of the instruction that you're referring to? (eg: Upon debugging do I just need the Photon server to be running always when I'm building the plugin?). Sorry totally noob here

I'll also check on disabling the server timeout. thanks
  • Kaito
    Options
    UPDATE: I have followed the Webhook project solution settings and it works!
    Thanks again @JohnTube