Operation 229 error: Unknown operation code (-2)

Options
Hey everyone,

When I'm trying to connect on my self-hosted server, I get an `Operation 229 error: Unknown operation code (-2) `
I believed that this is an issue when joining lobby, however I don't have any idea what's causing the issue.

FYI I'm using the Photon Javascript SDK and I don't see any additional info regarding the error on the server logs.

Any idea what are the common scenario on getting this error?

Thanks!

Comments

• Kaito
    Options
    For some reason, I was able to resolve the issue by changing the port from `9091` to `9090`
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Kaito,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This error is returned by the LoadBalancing server application when the client sent an operation request to the wrong server (Master Server or Game Server). If you use our client SDKs, this happens when you try to call an operation too soon (before or while switching servers) or too late (after switching servers) or if you connect to the wrong server in the first place.

For some reason, I was able to resolve the issue by changing the port from `9091` to `9090`
    Take a look at the list of ports for Photon Server.

What operation did you call to trigger this?
  • Kaito
    Options
    @JohnTube
    JohnTube said:

Hi @Kaito,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This error is returned by the LoadBalancing server application when the client sent an operation request to the wrong server (Master Server or Game Server). If you use our client SDKs, this happens when you try to call an operation too soon (before or while switching servers) or too late (after switching servers) or if you connect to the wrong server in the first place.

Take a look at the list of ports for Photon Server.

What operation did you call to trigger this?

I'm using this SDK http://doc-api.photonengine.com/en/javascript/current/Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient.html specifically on the `connect method`.