PathSubscribe & PathUnsubscribe not working AT ALL.

Options
Long story short - PathSubscribe & PathUnsubscribe webhooks seem to *NOT* work at all for Photon Chat. However, PathChannelCreate & PathChannelDestroy *DO* work.

So I'm a paying customer of Photon Chat & Photon Engine.

Since your chat service doesn't provide a way to list all users present in a chat room (!), I decided to implement that myself using Firebase.

I figured that I could use Photon Chat webhooks to inform my external service about changes in presence. Unfortunately 2 critical webhooks don't work at all. The hooks are never called. I checked multiple times in server logs. In fact 2 other webhooks work on the very same server, so it's clearly not a network / configuration issue. There isn't any 404 or other reference in NGINX access logs. I'm rather certain of that.

I'll be happy to share all of my configuration with the support staff. Please tell me what I am doing wrong or otherwise fix that urgently - chat without room members and without even a possibility of implementing that functionality by myself is useless.

Comments

• julius
    julius
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh, WOW!

Yeah, so your user interface puts by default "PathSubscribe" and "PathUnsubscribe" but the proper names are "PathChannelSubscribe" and "PathChannelUnsubscribe".

Well, that took me a couple of hours. I would rather suggest that you fix the names. Glad I figured that out.

Cheers!

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @julius,

Thank you for choosing Photon and for reporting this, we will fix it!