MORE FLEXIBLE PRICING (SOON OR LATER)?

Options

Hello Photon,

I guess I already know the answer and outcome but do you ever consider to add a plan smaller than 500 CCU?

I barely hit the 100 CCU and upgrading for just 1-2 thousand rejected peers per month is way too much.

I don't really understand why there is not more flexibility. It must be so easy for you to add more pricing opportunity.
I mean I would not mind paying 50$ for just 200 CCU or 30$ for additional 100 CCU.

but the step to 500 is too big.

This entire situation kinda pushes and motivates me to develop my complete own Photon Socket Network :dizzy: I wonder how much time it would take to get something similar running lol.

Comments

• kk99
    Options
    Okay I just found this older thread and this could be an option for me for now

http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/6347/change-appid

So I can purchase two times 100 CCU and then simply change it dynamically in C#, when the first one reaches it's limit?
  • Markus
    Options
    Hi,

there is a quite simple reason we cannot offer lower prices: they would just not cover the cost running the servers.

On using multiple appids with 100 ccu for one title: sorry, this is not allowed by our terms.

Feel free to compare our pricing against other cloud hosters (do not forget the bandwidth/traffic cost in the comparison). You will see, we already have really low prices.
  • kk99
    kk99 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hmm I am not asking for lower price just for lower scaling.

As I said I dont mind paying every month additional 30$ for additional 100 CCU.

but it doesnt make any sense for me paying 95$ for 500 CCU if I barely it additional 100 CCU to my already existing 100CCU plan

I did not say your PRICE is high. Yes, it is cheap but your AVAILABLE OPTIONS are just not well designed.

If I could reach easily 500 CCU I would not mind paying it at all, however, if Just reach maybe 130 CCU, paying for 500 CCU is just way too much, since it literally takes away almost all my earnings.
  • Markus
    Options
    Sure, I understand your point. However, as with most services you always have things that are not a perfect fit for everyone. For the vast majority of our users the steps from "free" to "100" and "500" and up fit really well. Sorry it is not the case for you.