P2P on PUN

Hello, I want to create a P2P game using Photon, is it possible to set up PUN to work with NAT punchthrough to connect players directly instead of using Photon's relay servers and depend on the CCU limit? Or do I have to use Photon Bolt (I prefer to use PUN RPCs)?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Fiffe,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

With PUN, all clients connect to the relay server.
    No need for NAT punch though as clients do not connect directly to each other.

I think you are asking the wrong question.
  • Hello @JohnTube, thank you for answering and sorry if I was not clear enough.
    I'm looking for a networking solution that is similar to Unity's legacy networking and PUN seems to be my best options.

Ignore the NAT punching for now - what I want to do is let my players create their own servers (client can be a host by clicking a Host button in-game or he has to run headless server on his computer). Is this possible to make on PUN (the CCU limit and relay servers kinda ruin the idea)?

I saw Photon Bolt can do all this but looking at the example code and Getting Started page in documentation I can see it's not similar to PUN or legacy networking at all which is throwing me off. Sorry if it's chaotic, english is not my first language.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    what I want to do is let my players create their own servers (client can be a host by clicking a Host button in-game or he has to run headless server on his computer). Is this possible to make on PUN (the CCU limit and relay servers kinda ruin the idea)?
    This is possible only using Bolt.
  • @JohnTube That's a shame, thank you for your time!