Adding functions to TSTransform.

Options
Hello,
Is it possible to add in the TSTransform these functions which are in the transform Unity script?
.TransformPoint
.InverseTransformPoint
Thanks a lot

Comments

• JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hi @Compagny912,

Yes, it is possible, our idea is to match Unity's API when it is feasible. Thanks for your contributions.
  • Compagny912
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks @JeffersonHenrique , have you a date for a release or something like this? (Same for my other question)
    And I have an other question, how to get and set localPosition of a TStransform?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    @Compagny912 we are planning our next release (1.0.7) to the firsts weeks of January. About "localPosition", it is not fully tested the TSTransform hierarchy, we kept some backward compatibility with a previous project, but it will be integrated soon probably in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. Thanks.
  • @Compagny912 we are planning our next release (1.0.7) to the firsts weeks of January. About "localPosition", it is not fully tested the TSTransform hierarchy, we kept some backward compatibility with a previous project, but it will be integrated soon probably in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. Thanks.

Great, thanks for your reply @JeffersonHenrique
  • Cakes
    Options
    @JeffersonHenrique is there any update on this functionality? It has been a year now. Is the project still being actively developed?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hi @Cakes, yes, it still in development but we had some big changes in what we will focus. As you may noticed we open source the physics and other components so other devs could try by themselves implement functions like that, we are very focused in core things right now, it is a very tricky thing to handle network instability for games, so our main goal is to make a great core to handle very well problems like latency, later join, lag players and so on.
  • glaporte
    Options
    Great !
  • glaporte
    Options
    @JeffersonHenrique support for Nintendo Switch?
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    @glaporte not tested yet!
  • glaporte
    Options
    @JeffersonHenrique yes but it is compiled for the architecture?

Thank you
  • JeffersonHenrique
    Options
    Hi @glaporte, sorry for not make it clear before, the Asset Store version of TrueSync has only be compiled/tested in mobile (android/ios) environment. We didn't compile it, even the current implementation not released, to Nintendo Switch.
  • glaporte
    Options
    Hello @JeffersonHenrique this is very problematic for my game :disappointed: is there a solution?
  • Hi,
    I know this is an old thread, but if anyone want to have additional functions for TSTransform, I suggest making a static class and providing extension functions for TSTransform.

You can find an explanation of the implementation of TransformPoint and InverseTransformPoint here:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/601062/what-inversetransformpoint-does-need-explanation-p.html

Since TSTransform is already exactly like transform, you can just implement it like this.